Muslim banned  in US

Muslim banned in US

The US Supreme Court has Donald Trump’s travel ban which severely limits travellers from certain countries entering US.

As it stands, travellers, immigrants, and visa holders from Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela and Yemen are banned from coming into the US.

All through his campaign in 2016, Mr. Trump had called for a “total and complete shutdown” any Muslims entering the US “until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.”

On January 27, 2017, Mr. Trump signed an executive order banning entry into the country for 90 days for traveller from seven majority-Muslim countries: Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.

It also placed an indefinite hold on refugees fleeing the Syria conflict and a four month-hold on refugees from anywhere else in the world.

The ban he signed had also called for an end to the Visa Interview Waiver program, which eliminated the need for an in-person interview to renew travel credentials for people from 3 countries, some US allies.

The first iteration of the travel ban – also known which critics called a “Muslim ban” – sparked massive public protest in nearly every airport around the whole country and mobilized legal and immigrants’ rights group into action.

In the days following the initial ban, courts in New York and Massachusetts issued temporary blocks on the order. Stating that if a traveller had legal right to enter the country with a visa then they could not be denied or removed from the US.

In March 2017, a revised travel ban was issued by the Trump administration. After uproar from the US military and veteran community, Trump removed Iraq from the travel ban list. Advocates said it was unfair to block translators and interpreters who assisted and fought alongside US troops during the Iraq War from coming to the US. However, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen remained on the list for the 90-day banned for 120 days.

The revised ban was set to take effect on March 16 2017 but Hawaii placed a temporary, nationwide block on implementing the ban.

The case was appealed up to the highest court in the country in June 2017. Trump continued his twitter push to say the ban was a matter of “safety” for the Americans and called the revised ban a “water-down, politically correct” version.

Appearing to address the religious discrimination legal concerns, the Trump administration added North Korea and Venezuela to the list. People with work visas from certain countries were also excluded from the ban. Unlike previous travel ban does not expire.

In December 2017, the travel ban was allowed to come into effect.

In a narrow ruling, the court ruled in favor of the government in the case of Trump vs. Hawaii, the pending lawsuit last year.

Trump said that “a moment of profound vindication following months of hysterical commentary from the media and democratic politicians who refuse to do what it takes to secure our border and our country.”


Click Here to Visit