How to Apply for a Student Visa in Australia
Steps and Tips on how to Apply for a Student Visa in Australia
Australia was ranked as one of the best countries to work, live and retire that is why many people want to live in this country whether permanently or just temporary.
Applying for a visa here is quite simple and straightforward depending mainly on what type of visa you would pursue. In applying for a Student Visa you need to be financially ready because studying here is expensive. However, if you wish to work part-time, Australia has one of the highest labor cost in the world and if you are qualified to be a skilled worker, better working opportunities will come to you. Here are the steps and tips on how you can apply for a Student Visa:
- Australia is an English speaking country therefore; you need to verify your English literacy by taking English Tests like the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE).
The score required depends on the school you want to attend, course and location.
In taking this kind of examination, you can either enroll for a review school or do it online. There are so many tutorials on YouTube like the E2 PTE Academic. Everything that you need to know like the parts of the exams, how to answer, techniques and intonations that you need.
- After you passed the exam of your choice, you can now apply to the school that you want. Also, you can apply with the help of an agency.
Different schools or universities have different requirements. The most common requirement is filling up the application forms that can be downloaded on their website and the result of your exam.
- When you receive a confirmation from the school (Conditional Offer), they will either require you to pay the full amount of the tuition fee or let you make a partial payment. Then, they will give you your confirmation of enrolment.
- After securing your enrolment, you can now create an immigration account. Here you need to provide your financial capacity as well. Also, if you have a relative living in Australia, they can serve as a sponsor for your studies. Just make sure that you can prove your relationship with them.
- After you provide all the needed documents, a confirmation for a medical will be sent to you by the immigration.
- When you passed the medical, you can now lodge your application and wait for the approval of your visa.
Living in a different country is hard most especially if you will need to study and work at the same time. But these kinds of challenges will make you a better version of yourself because aside from getting more knowledge in school, you also get the chance to develop your interpersonal skills when dealing with different nationalities. You can also develop your English speaking skills.
Moreover, when you graduate and decided to return to your country, you gained so much experience that you can use in whatever career path that you will take.